Friday, February 29, 2008

The Deep Freeze



Wednesday night it dropped below freezing down here - so everyone was complaining about the 22 degrees it bottomed out over night. When I got to the lobby in the morning and looked outside, I noticed that the fountain in front of the hotel froze overnight! I got a picture as you can see.


Today I had to make a presentation to all the other managers and supervisors about a new lobby program. As my buddy put it - I had to jump in with both feet this week! A little bit of reluctance from a couple of people, but overall I think it went well. Now the test will be implimentation which begins on Monday. It's my day off, but I'll be out there to help roll the program out. Thursday night was uneventful and Friday morning I attended my first financial critique meeting at this hotel. One of the supervisors handled it this period, next period it will be up to me!


Working the evening shift Friday and then the morning shift on Saturday - so it's time to get ready for work. Thanks for reading and I'll tell you soon about my first weekend in Charlotte!

No comments: