Monday, February 2, 2009

One Month Fast Food Free!

Well, last week I mentioned that there was something I hadn't done in about 30 days that it's been years that I hadn't gone that long. Well my buddy in Texas (BHS) was able to figure it out with a few hints because the last time I did it was with him on the way to DC from NJ. If you haven't figured out yet, I haven't been to or ordered from a fast food place in over a month, which means this whole year! So far 2009 has been junk food free!! I didn't plan to make it happen, but since I had gone a few weeks already, I decided to try and see how long I can make it happen. Burger King was my favorite since there was a 24 hour drive thru on the way home from work. Well, BK was my favorite back home too (I practically lived at the BK on the edge of campus in college!). But it's weird - they just taste different down here. My usual meal was a Original Chicken Sandwich meal, king sized with two cheeseburgers, one as an appetizer and one as dessert. (sometimes I'll substitute a Whopper for the chicken sandwich) LOL I think they put more mustard on the cheeseburgers down here and that might be why they just don't taste the same. So we will see how long I can go without a trip to Burger King, Wendy's, Bojangles, McDonald's, Jack in the Box or Chick-fil-a. I'm sure I've had a few more ... but those are the closest to my home here in Charlotte ... wish me luck!!

No comments: